What is Amla?
Its household name and superfood; Amla or Indian Gooseberry is a powerhouse of nutrients. It has an interesting balance of bitter, sweet and sour flavors. Amla can be eaten in raw, pickle, candy, powder form. It is a rich source of vitamin C, iron and calcium.
Everyone in India is familiar with Amla and is considered to be one of the oldest Ayurvedic medicines. There is hardly any person in India who has never heard of Amla’s name in his life. Amla is also popular at the global level due to its medicinal properties.
The use of gooseberry is very much used in home remedies and you must have taken advantage of the medicinal properties of the gooseberry at some time. Amla has antibacterial and nutritional elements which are difficult to ignore.
Ayurvedic doctors say that amla is a rich source of antioxidants and nutrients. Amalaki means “mother” and “life-giving”, which has medicinal and nutritional properties.
The two most prominent texts of Ayurveda, Charaka Samhita, and Sushruta Samhita, describe amla as an energetic herb. Not only this, in Indian mythology, Amla has been called the teardrop (tear) of Lord Vishnu. Amla tree and fruit are also worshiped in India.
Facts about Amla:
- Botanical name: Philanthus amblica
- Lineage: Philanthesi
- Common Name: Indian Gooseberry, Amalaki
- Sanskrit Name: Dhatri, Armita, Amritphal
- Useful parts: fruits (both fresh and dried), seeds, bark, leaves, flowers
- Geographical Details: Found in China and Malaysia apart from India.
- Properties: Amla is known to bring balance in Tridosha (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) in the body. Amla has cold, heavy, dry, metallic and diabetic properties.
Benefits of Amla
To make Amla brain sharp –
Amla is a rich source of vitamins and minerals that are important for brain health. Excess of iron in the blood provides oxygen to the brain as well as improves memory. The antioxidants found in Amla are beneficial for keeping the brain healthy. Amla is an effective brain tonic and helps increase memory and improve concentration. Eat its raw fruit to nourish your mind.
Amla is loaded with antioxidants that reduce cell damage to slow down aging as well as protect against diseases.
Benefits of eating Amla for the throat –
Amla also helps in keeping the throat healthy. Consuming it with ginger juice relieves disorders like sore throat and thyroid.
Drinking amla juice mixed with a few pieces of chopped ginger and a teaspoon of honey also relieves cough and throat problems.
Fixes sore throat
Taking amla powder mixed with ginger and honey can cure cough and sore throat.
Amla growth for digestion
- Strong digestive power has an important role in a healthy body. Amla is widely used in the medicinal world to improve and strengthen the digestive system. It also relieves gastrointestinal disorders. It is a strong digestive stimulant and laxative and not only improves digestion but also helps in colon cleansing. Whether it is slight constipation and diarrhea or severe piles or hemorrhoids, Amla is very effective in everything.
- Amla is found in high amounts of fiber and water as well as has anti-inflammatory properties. Fiber is essential for the secretion of gastric and digestive juices and helps to increase digestion. Because of which Amla is very beneficial for keeping the whole digestive process healthy.
- For constipation, take Amla powder with one teaspoon of hot water and boil Amla in hot water for hemorrhoids and add sugar after filtering it. Eat one teaspoon of this mixture daily. You can drink its juice for diarrhea. It also improves apps.
Increases metabolism and detoxification
Using Amla powder in routine increases the absorption of protein in the body, burns calories, removes toxins, removes salt and uric acid. It also gives energy and increases muscle mass.
Benefits of Amla for the restless heart – Keeps the heart-healthy
- Amla is also a powerful way to keep heart-healthy. It makes your life sweet by removing diabetes. It keeps blood pressure under control and prevents heart disease and heart attack.
- Amla is considered beneficial for the heart because it contains antioxidants, iron, anthocyanin, flavonoids, potassium, etc. High cholesterol is the leading cause of heart disease. Amla reduces arterial blockage by increasing the production of good cholesterol or HDL by reducing the formation of bad cholesterol and thus reducing heart-related problems. According to studies, amla can prevent the thickness of blood vessel walls from increasing. Thus by reducing the first sign of heart disease, it reduces the risk of heart disease.
- The vitamins and minerals in amla help in protein synthesis and help reduce more fat by increasing metabolism in the body. High blood pressure can also be reduced by regular intake of amla. Vitamin C present in it is beneficial for the body in many ways.
- Amla powder reduces the formation of bad cholesterol, compression of the arteries and thickening of the walls of blood vessels. Which helps reduce the risk of heart diseases and keeps the heart-healthy.
Amla Properties for Advanced Look (Increases eye light )
Eyes are a precious gift of God to man. Healthy eyes have an important role to live every moment of life and keep them in mind. Amla improves eyesight and provides relief from irritation and itching in the eyes. Amla juice is also a powerful treatment for conjunctivitis.
According to studies, the carotene found in Amla improves vision. Eye health can be improved by taking amla regularly. It provides relief from the problem of cataract and can reduce many eye problems such as watery eyes, redness of the eyes and itching in the eyes by reducing intraocular tension. The antioxidants present in the amla protect the retina of the eyes from oxidative stress. Which also reduces the risk of cataract. Mixing Amla juice and honey and drinking it is beneficial for the eyes.
Taking Amla improves eye light and eye health. It also reduces the risk of cataract, itching and watery eyes.
Amla for clean respiratory system –
- The respiratory system plays an important role in breathing and exhaling. But respiratory diseases like cold, cough, asthma, bronchitis and tuberculosis cause severe breathing difficulties.
- Amla is adept at removing these difficulties. But amla is of soft nature, so it should be consumed only with honey or black pepper.
- Amla is rich in vitamin C and is considered beneficial for reducing respiratory problems.
- It is used as herbal medicine to treat cold and cough. Consuming Amla increases immunity which helps in reducing flu and throat infections.
- It helps in dealing with chronic cough, TB and chest problems. It is also considered beneficial for reducing asthma symptoms.
The calcium present in amla powder helps in strengthening the bones. It is also rich in vitamin C and other anti-oxidants that build immunity and help fight health disorders such as ulcers, gallstones, jaundice and liver problems.
Skin benefits Amla for glowing skin –
Amla is very beneficial in removing skin problems due to being cold in nature. Some benefits of Amla for the skin include:
- Acne is cured by applying Amla powder to the face. To correct oily and pimple skin, prepare a face pack by mixing amla powder, rose water and lemon juice and use it to clean the face.
- Amla has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties that protect the skin from many types of diseases.
- Amla has high amount of vitamin C, due to which it removes toxins from the body and increases digestive power. Due to which the skin gets complete nutrition from food and it stays healthy.
- Consuming Amla juice improves your skin because it contains antioxidants that purify the blood and protect the skin from many diseases.
- Along with this, regular consumption of amla does not cause wrinkles on your face and your skin glows due to its anti-aging properties.
- Make a paste by mixing amla powder and olive oil and leave it on the face for 10 minutes and then wash it after 10 minutes. This face pack will help in removing dust and dirt from your face and will act as a natural cleanser.
- Bright and healthy skin is the most important determinant of external beauty. It cleanses the skin and also helps in removing stains, pimples, damaged cells, and wrinkles.
- Drink two spoons of amla juice daily or apply amla juice on the skin.
- Amla is rich in vitamin C, anti-oxidant, anti-aging and anti-bacterial properties and is therefore useful in improving complexion and providing younger skin.
- Amla powder has many benefits for the skin. It reduces pigmentation, whitens the skin and gives a youthful glow.
Mixing Amla powder (Amla powder) with honey, moisturizes and treats breakouts.
Mix it with papaya and honey to make the skin glow.
Apply it on the face with honey, curd and amla powder.
Amla for thick, long and strong hair –
Amla is very beneficial for maintaining hair health.
Everybody in the world loves thick, healthy and long hair and how many expensive products you consume to get rid of dry and lifeless hair. But Amla is a natural hair tonic. This not only increases hair growth, but it also prevents them from falling out. It is an enemy of dandruff and baldness and also provides relief from white hair. To strengthen your hair and give them a shiny look, apply a mixture of amla juice and sesame oil to the hair roots.
Amla is a storehouse of anti-oxidants which protects our hair from the damage caused by free radicals. Amla powder nourishes the hair and maintains its natural color. Amla powder is highly effective in preventing and treating premature gray hair.
Amla powder can be used to prevent and treat hair loss or gray hair. You can also apply the powder directly to your hair or mix it in a little water before applying it.
Reduces hair fall – Vitamin C deficiency is a major cause of hair loss and Vitamin C is found in plenty in Amla. Because of which it reduces hair fall.
Prevents premature hair whitening- The antioxidants present in Amla enrich the pigmentation of the hair. Applying Amla on the head in the form of powder or paste nourishes the skin of the head and prevents premature hair from becoming white.
Helps in hair growth- Amla contains essential fatty acids which help in fast hair growth. Amla strengthens hair roots and helps in their growth. The nutrients present in it reach the hair follicles, making them long, supple and dense as well as keeping their shine intact. Massage your scalp with amla oil to get healthy and long hair.
Reduces dandruff – The antibacterial properties of amla reduce problems like eczema and dandruff.
A mixture of amla and shikakai powder can be used to color hair naturally.
Amla powder has a good effect on hair when used as a pack with other ingredients. It also helps in dealing with dandruff, falling hair and preventing white hair from occurring.
Use of Amla for strong teeth –
Food is called the fuel of the body but without healthy and strong teeth we are unable to eat food. So if you want to make teeth healthy and strong, then take amla daily.
- Amla is a powerful antimicrobial agent. Therefore it can reduce the discomfort caused by various types of pathogens and bacteria.
- One study found that amla is capable of inhibiting the growth of bacteria called Streptococcus mutans.
- Streptococcus mutans are the main cause of worm formation in teeth. Therefore, it is beneficial in the treatment of teeth problems such as amla tooth decay (worm in teeth) by stopping its growth.
Benefits of Amla Churna for strong liver –
The liver is not only the largest gland in the human body, but it is also quite important. If it does not function properly in the human body then liver disorders like jaundice and hepatitis surround us. They can also end life. But amla proves to be very effective in their treatment.
- According to the studies, taking amla regularly can keep the liver healthy. Also, the use of Amla can reduce the side effects on the liver due to consuming more alcohol.
- Cricket Records That Will Never Be Broken
- Flat Roof House Plans in Canada
- Flat Roof House Plans UK
- morning walk quotes
- paragraph on a morning walk
Amla powder for functional bowel movements –
Amla also controls healthy emissions. Amla is a good anti-oxidant and is rich in vitamin C. It protects the bladder and kidneys from harmful substances and keeps the urinary system healthy. Start your day by drinking Amla juice containing honey and make your urinary system healthy. Use it with radish to dissolve kidney stones.
Amla acts as a diuretic. Consuming it improves the amount and frequency of urination. Since urination helps to release unwanted toxins, salts and uric acid from your body. In this way, amla keeps your body free from toxic conditions and keeps it healthy. Therefore, keeping your kidneys and bladder healthy, amla is beneficial for preventing infection of the bladder and uterus.
For Amla-fed veins –
- It is good nutrition for the nerves and helps to keep them calm.
- Eating grated amla can also emerge from the paralysis condition.
- Potassium is abundant in amla, due to which it improves circulation by strengthening nervous system.
- It also contains bioflavonoids which help in maintaining the permeability of capillaries. So that the nutrient can reach the whole body easily through the blood vessels.
Thus, amla is beneficial in keeping the nervous system and nerves healthy.
Amla for healthy and strong bones –
Amla is also skilled in strengthening bones. Calcium is found in good quantity in it and it is also full of anti-arthritic medicine properties.
- Drinking Amla juice daily strengthens bones and also relieves joint pain.
- Amla is not only good for strengthening bones due to its high calcium content, but it also reduces osteoclasts. Osteoclasts are the cells responsible for weakening the bones.
Thus, regular consumption of amla reduces the discomfort associated with bones.
Benefits of Amla Churna to reduce obesity –
- Amla juice improves metabolic activities and reduces excess fat.
- Amla has the ability to increase the absorption of protein. Due to which it increases the rate of metabolic activities in your body and the more metabolic activity, the faster your body burns calories.
- In this way, it is beneficial for weight loss and also increases the energy of your body.
Amla for safe immune system –
The immune system fights against harmful infections and plays a major role in keeping the body disease-free.
- Being rich in vitamin C, amla naturally strengthens the immune system and provides adequate capacity to fight against diseases. You mix equal amount of amla juice in half a cup of hot water and consume it daily.
- Being the best source of vitamin C, amla plays an important role in strengthening the immune system.
- Due to its antibacterial and astringent properties, it prevents infection by improving the body’s immune response to common diseases such as cold, flu and cough.
The medicinal properties of amla for infertility –
Amla helps in increasing the fertility of both men and women and helps women to conceive. It enhances the ovulation process in women, improves the quality of sperms in men and helps in healthy conception. It is also very useful during the beautiful stage of pregnancy. Add sweetness of honey in 2-3 tightly cooked gooseberries and eat them.
Amla to slow down the pace of aging –
Old age is a natural process and no one can stop it, but Amla can slow down the speed of this reaction.
- Bathing Amla with bath water helps in maintaining youth. This formula was widely used in the Vedic period.
- Free radical damage is also a reason for aging. Which plays an important role in revitalizing the texture of skin along with making it new and radiant.
- Antioxidants also reduce the onset of signs of aging, such as wrinkles. Thus amla is beneficial for anti-aging.
Amla for pureblood –
Drinking Amla juice cleanses blood and keeps blood-related disorders away. Since amla is loaded with antioxidants. It acts as a blood purifier as well as increases hemoglobin and red blood cells. Being rich in iron, amla can also prevent anemia by increasing the level of iron in the blood.
Amla for strong nails
Amla is also helpful in making healthy and strong nails. Amla, full of various vitamins and minerals, helps in keeping the nails strong and beautiful. Drink Amla juice daily and say goodbye to delicate and breakable nails.
What is the effect of Amla –
Amla is a fruit with cool effect. It has many benefits for health. It is used in the treatment of skin diseases due to cooling in the effect. Along with this, it is also very beneficial for the digestive system.
How to use Amla –
Amla is used in many ways. You can take advantage of its properties by using Amla juice, pickle, gooseberry jam, oil, raw fruit, dried and amla powder.
Amla powder – Amla powder is the best way to keep amla always with you. Since amla powder is slightly bitter, you can drink a mixture of amla powder, ginger powder, honey, and lemon juice or you can also add amla powder to a glass of juice for breakfast. You can sprinkle some amla powder on fruits like banana, apple or papaya and take advantage of amla properties.
Amla juice – Amla juice is made from raw gooseberry, it is very beneficial for health. It also contains antioxidants and vitamin C.
Dry – Cut the gooseberry into small pieces. Mix with a little salt and allow it to dry in sunlight for a few days. Once it is completely dried, then store it in a jar and then continue to consume it.
Amla flavored things –
Indian gooseberry chutney recipe
Amla Recipes: Amla is sour in food, due to which many people like to eat its jam.
Amla is sour in food, due to which many people like to eat its jam. But today we will tell you about Amla chutney prepared from Amla, Salt and Brahmi leave. Amla chutney is very tasty to eat. Amla is rich in many nutrients, so somehow we should include it in our daily meals.
Gooseberry relish recipe
anwale ka achar
If you get pickle with food, then the taste of the food increases, usually people like to eat mango, lemon and chilli pickle. But today we are going to tell you the recipe of Amla Pickle. Amla pickle is a little sour sweet. Its taste is slightly different and Amla is also considered a good source of Vitamin C.
Other benefits of Amla –
Protects from ulcers – It is a good way to prevent ulcers due to the antibacterial properties of amla. Additionally, mouth ulcers can be caused by vitamin C deficiency and amla is rich in vitamin C. Therefore it is beneficial in providing relief from ulcers.
Cools the body –
Amla has three times more vitamin C than orange. Vitamin C improves tannin levels in the body and prevents heat. It keeps your skin cool in summer.
Reduces cancer risk –
Since amla is rich in antioxidants, it can reduce the risk of many diseases. It also has the potential to reduce the risk of cancer.
Health benefits of Amla during pregnancy –
Amla has many nutrients, due to which it is beneficial for both mother and baby in many ways. However, you should consult a doctor once before consuming it in pregnancy.
May reduce menstrual pain –
The minerals and vitamins in amla are very useful in the treatment of spasms during menstruation. Consuming it regularly can save you from many health problems.
Uses of Amla Powder
Amla powder is rich in vitamin C, which contains many anti-oxidants that protect the body’s cells from free radicals. It enriches you from within and improves immunity along with fighting diseases.
Amla powder has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the level of stomach acid.
Amla powder is rich in anti-oxidants which slows down the aging process and is considered to be one of the best things that helps slow down aging.
Amla powder contains chromium which helps in controlling the level of blood sugar.
Taking amla powder regularly helps to increase hemoglobin.
How to use Amla powder
- To fight cold, cough and sore throat, take Amla powder with ginger, honey and lemon juice.
- For breakfast you can add amla powder in a glass of fresh juice or sprinkle some amla powder on fruits like banana, apple or papaya.
- Amla powder mixed with henna can be used to dye hair. It also nourishes and brightens hair.
- For joint diseases and gas problems, make a paste of 1 teaspoon amla powder with 2 teaspoons sesame oil and swallow it with warm water.
- For digestion or skin problems, mix 1 teaspoon of amla powder with 1 teaspoon of ghee with lukewarm water (You can also use jaggery instead of ghee)
- Take Amla Churan with honey for obesity and respiratory diseases
- Make a hair mask with 2 teaspoons of amla powder, 1 teaspoon honey and 2 teaspoons yogurt in warm water – leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing it with warm water.
- For hair growth mix Amla powder with coconut oil to massage your hair. Mix it with shikakai or eggs for hair growth.
Amla Powder Amount
After meals take ½ to 1 teaspoon twice a day with warm water. For outdoor use, you can use it as per need
Side effects of Amla
Disadvantages of Amla –
So you have seen how Amla is beneficial for all parts and systems, from head hair to toe nails. Although Amla is a natural medicinal fruit, it can also have some side effects. But the good thing is that its side effects are rare and usually occur in high doses.
- It can have a bad effect on cold and cough triggers due to the soft tendency of amla. To end this side effect, consume it with black pepper or honey.
- If you do not consume it with water, it can cause constipation.
- Amla can interfere with diabetes medicine. Its ethos may prove harmful to blood pressure. Therefore, the heart patient should consume it only with the advice of a physician.
- Amla can also reduce skin moisture. That is why drinking a large amount of water along with amla is also important.
- If consumed in excess, it can also cause urination irritation.
- High fiber is found in it, due to which diarrhea can occur. That is why it is important to consume water along with it.
- Overeating can affect the digestive power of pregnant women.
- If it is consumed for a long time or if it is consumed in large quantities, it can also give rise to stones.
- Therefore, keep these side effects and precautions in mind before eating Amla, and the heart patient should take it only on the advice of the doctor.
- Normally a healthy person can eat 2-3 medium sized amla per day and if you are consuming its juice then one spoonful of juice is fine, but this dose mainly depends on the state of health .
- The best way to eat Amla is to eat it raw in the morning on an empty stomach.
- For effective results, do not drink tea, coffee or milk for about 45 minutes after consuming amla.
- Put a smile on your face, taste the amla with your tongue and fight against diseases.
- Taking more Amla powder can cause hyperacidity and reduce weight.
- If you are on any medication, it is advisable to consult a doctor before taking it as a supplement.
Harmful effects of Amla powder
Amla powder may interact with some medicines. Therefore it is advisable to consult an Ayurveda doctor before taking Amla powder along with other medicines.
- It should not be eaten with vine fruit as it may cause some harmful reactions.
- You should consult a physical therapist before taking Amla powder with alcohol.
- Amla powder is not intoxicating.
Important answers about Amla powder
You can take Amla powder on an empty stomach. But if you have any medical problems like ulcers, acidity, loose motion, hypoglycemia, uncontrolled blood pressure or weight loss, then taking amla powder should be avoided.
- It is advisable to take Amla powder first thing in the morning. You can take it on an empty stomach, mostly an hour before breakfast.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of amla powder with 1 teaspoon of ghee with hot water (you can also use jaggery instead of ghee).