recipe of kadhi pakora
Kadhi Pakora Recipe
Kadhi Pakoda is a very tasty and delicious Indian dish in which Garhi Kadhi is made from sour curd and gram flour and delicious pakoras of gram flour and spices are prepared. Compared to other kadhi, the taste of the kadhi made with this recipe is unique as it consists of lightly spiced pakoras fried in a thickened kadhi which gives a truly Punjabi flavor. Serve with rice (boiled rice) or paratha to enjoy its unique taste.
How to make pakora kadhi
- Ingredients for Besan Pakora:
- 1/2 cup gram flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (or 1 medium)
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- A little pinch of baking soda
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon water
- salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- To make Kadhi batter
- 1 cup sour yogurt
- 1/4 cup gram flour
- 1½ cups of water
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 dry Kashmiri red chilies
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped
How to make gram flour pakora
- Sieve ½ cup gram flour in a bowl. Add finely chopped onion, finely chopped green chilies, baking soda, and salt.
- Add a little water (about 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp) to it and make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. To make Pakoras, take a little batter with the help of a spoon or with your fingers and pour it gently in the oil. Add the batter 5-6 times in a batch (if your pan is big, you can also make more pakoras at once). Fry them till they become medium brown. Remove them from the ladle and put the paper napkin on a plate. Make pakoras from the remaining solution in this way.
To make Dahi Kadhi
- In a medium bowl, whip curd and 1/4 cup gram flour with a spoon or blender.
- Add 1½ cups of water, turmeric powder, and salt. Whisk again with a spoon or blender. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Heat 1-tsp oil in a deep frying pan or a deep pan on medium heat. Add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. When it starts to crackle add cumin and grated ginger; Fry for 20-30 seconds.
- Add curd-gram flour mixture and mix well.
- Let it cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the raw smell of gram flour is removed. Stir occasionally to prevent the mixture from sticking. If the mixture becomes too thick, add 1/2 cup more water and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. The mixture should not be too thin or too thick.
- Meanwhile, heat 1-tbsp oil in a small pan on medium heat for tempering. When the oil becomes hot enough, remove it from the gas and add dry Kashmiri Lala chili and red chili powder. Put the tempering on the curry immediately.
Add fried pakoras. Mix the mixture well and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the gas and garnish with green coriander.
- Discovering the Beauty and Diversity of Jordan: A Country Post
- how to check direction for home
- most watched of all time
- sony zv e10 l camera feature with advantages and disadvantages
- how to take screenshot on a Vaio laptop
Suggestions and Variations
The pakoras solution should not be too thin, it should be thick.
Do not keep the pakoras on high heat or else they will remain raw from inside. Fry them on medium heat.
If the curd is thick, it may be that the curry becomes too thick. If this happens, add more water (approx. 1/2 – 3/4 cup) and cook for 3-4 minutes more.
You can serve the kids as a delicious breakfast with pakoras tomato ketchup in the afternoon.
Taste: Sour and lightly spicy
Serving Methods: Punjabi Kadhi Pakora and Rice (Boiled Rice) is a delicious nutritious meal served with salad, papad , and curd lassi. It can also be served with tandoori roti and sabzi.